China has a bunch of empty ghost cities , Here is the reason
China's urban area nearly quadrupled in size for 1984 . Between 2011 and 2013 , china used more concrete than the us did in the entire 20th century . Eventually construction outpaced demand, leaving the country with barely occupied "GHOST CITIES" . Researchers at Baidu - The Chinese version of Google , used the location data to identify more than 50 ghost cities in china . Here are some of the biggest.
- ORDOS - LOCATION : INNER MONGOLA
- BINHAI - LOCATION : TIANJIN MUNICIPALITY
- DONGYING - LOCATION : SHANDONG PROVINCE
- DONGSHENG - LOCATION : INNER MONGOLIA
- XINGHUA - LOCATION : JIANGSU PROVINCE